Stations in five markets are going to a new radio group – SummitMedia, comprised in part of current Cox managers and headed by radio veteran Carl Parmer, while stations in Connecticut are going to Jeff Warshaw’s Connoisseur Media. Cox Media Group is the seller.
26 stations will be changing hands in all in deals expected to close during Q2 of this year. Terms were not released.
“These are all important brands powered by talented media professionals who tirelessly serve their audiences, advertisers and communities,” said CMG President Doug Franklin. “We wish all of the employees well and know they will continue to work hard to produce quality entertainment, news and information for their customers and new owners.”
The Connecticut group going to Connoisseur includes WPLR-FM, WEZN-FM, WFOX-FM, and contract rights for WYBC-FM.
The bulk of the package goes to SummitMedia. The new group will be picking up:
* Birmingham (WAGG-AM, WBHJ-FM, WBHK-FM, WENN-AM, WZZK-FM, WZNN-FM, WBPT-FM, and CMG’s contract rights for WALJ-FM)
* Greenville, S.C. (WJMZ-FM, WHZT-FM)
* Hawaii (KRTR-AM/FM, KPHW-FM, KCCN-FM, KINE-FM, KKNE-AM)
* Louisville (WRKA-FM, WVEZ-FM, WSFR-FM, WQNU-FM)
* Richmond (WHTI-FM, WKHK-FM, WKLR-FM, WURV-FM)
Cox noted that it is still looking for buyers for television stations in El Paso, Texas; Johnstown, Pa.; Reno, Nev.; and Steubenville, Ohio