A five station regional radio cluster northeast of Little Rock is about to get a little sister. Crain Media Corporation is the buyer.
Scott Gray’s Malvern Entertainment Corporation/Gray Media Corporation is the seller, and the station is KHAN-FM Kensett AR.
There are a number of Crains among the buyer’s principals, including Larry Sr., Larry Jr., Janett and Christopher.
The price for the station will be $566K cash. $100K will go into an escrow account to hold the deal.
The resulting group will serve areas to the northeast and north of Arkansas’s main media center of Little Rock. Here are the components of the cluster.
* KHAN-FM Kensett AR is a Class C3 on 105.7 MHz with 15 kW @ 427’
* KWCK-AM Searcy AR is a Class D on 1300 kHz with k kW-D, ND
* KWCK-AM Searcy AR is a Class C2 on 99.9 MHz with 50 kW @ 492’
* KAWW-AM Heber Springs AR is a Class D on 1370 kHz with 1 kW-D, ND
* KEAZ-FM Heber Springs AR is a Class C2 on 100.7 MHz with 50 kW @ 328’
* KAWW-FM Pangburn AR is a Class C3 on 99.1 MHz with 25 kW @ 328’