The construction permits for 119 FM stations-to-be will be put up for auction by the FCC next spring. The Auction is slated to kick off on 3/27/11, and the window for short form applications, filed on FCC Form 175 will be open from 1/3/12 until 1/12/12.
The 1/3/12-1/12/12 filing window will also involve the standard freeze on all minor modification applications.
Other important dates include 2/22/12, when initial payments are due on the stations being bid on, and 3/23/11, when the FCC will hold its mock auction for instructional purposes.
The value of the sticks being sold is down from previous auctions. Only one station – Class A Cloverdale CA – carries a six-figure minimum bid, and it is the minimum six-figure number of $100K.
Two carry $60K minimums: C3 De Beque CO and C3 Silver Springs NV.
Four carry $45K minimums: C3 Altheimer AR, C3 Pine Bluff AR, C3 Fruita CO and C3 Franklin LA.
All the others are less, including 14 that can be bid upon with the modest entry fee of $750.
Here are the total availabilities by state:
* 16 CPs: Texas
* Eight CPs: Arkansas, Oklahoma
* Seven CPs: Louisiana
* Six CPs: California, Colorado,
* Four CPs: Georgia, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota
* Three CPs: Alaska, Nevada, Utah, Washington
* Two CPs: Arizona, Idaho, Missouri, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Vermont, Wisconsin, Wyoming
* One CP: Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
* None: Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina
The entire list of FM allotments on the table and opening bids is available here.