FOX, ‘American Idol’ swept the competition Tuesday night


FOX swept the competition last night across all demos with the AMERICAN IDOL Top 11 performance show, beating the combined 4-net average for the night by +6% among Adults 18-49. +10% among Adults 18-34, and +57% among Teens and outperforming the next highest rated competitor by +122% among Total Viewers.

AMERICAN IDOL posted an 8.3/23 and drew 23.8 million Total Viewers
Versus last Tuesday’s performance show, AMERICAN IDOL is up +2% among Adults 18-49, +2% among Adults 18-34, +12% among Teens and +4% in Total Viewers Versus last season’s Top 11 performance show (on 3/17/09), AMERICAN IDOL grew +1% among Adults 18-49. +5% among Adults 18-34, +6% among Teens and +9% in Total Viewers

Season to date (Most Current data vs. comparable Most Current), AMERICAN IDOL is retaining 95% of Adults 18-49, 94% of Adults 18-34, 97% of Teens and 95% in Total Viewers.

Following an 8p Lost encore (1.5/4), ABC’s Lost ran six minutes long and posted a 3.9/10 in the 9p hour, flat with last week and tied as its lowest original rating of the season.  At 10p, a special V clip show posted a 1.9/5.

CBS aired NCIS (2.2/7), NCIS: LA (2.0/5) and The Good Wife (1.4/4) repeats.

NBC’s The Biggest Loser 9 (3.0/8) was on the low side while week four of new drama Parenthood (2.7/8) made gains and matched its prior average at 10p.

Live+Same Day Nielsen Ratings

(source: information from FOX)