Wednesday night’s deciding WORLD SERIES GAME 6 (Phillies vs. Yankees) delivered a 7.4 rating among Adults 18-49 with 22.3 Mil Total Viewers, leading FOX to win the night among Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54, Teens and all key demos.
* Overall, the 2009 WORLD SERIES on FOX grew substantially over last year’s 2008 Series (Rays vs. Phillies), rising +41% among Adults 18-49 (6.2 vs. 4.4) and +43% in Total Viewers (19.4 Mil vs. 13.6 Mil.)
* FOX’s 2009 WORLD SERIES is the highest rated World Series in five years among Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers (since 2004’s Cardinals vs. Red Sox).
* ABC’s Hank (1.4/4), The Middle (2.0/5), Modern Family (3.4/9), Cougar Town (2.7/7) and Eastwick (1.6/4) all matched or established their lowest original ratings of the season, falling -7%, -9%, -8%, 16% and -11% versus their previous telecasts.
* On CBS, The New Adventures Of Old Christine (2.1/6) was on par with its previous original telecast two weeks ago while Gary Unmarried (2.0/5) was down slightly (-9%). Criminal Minds (3.2/8) delivered its lowest first-run telecast of the season and CSI: NY (2.7/7) aired its lowest original episode ever. The two series fell -16% and -10%, respectively, from their prior original telecasts two weeks ago.
* NBC’s Mercy (1.7/5) delivered its lowest rating ever at 8p, down -11% from its last original telecast two weeks ago, while Law & Order: SVU (2.5/6) matched its lowest rating of the season at 9p, down -11% from last week’s telecast. The Jay Leno show (1.3/4) delivered its lowest Wednesday rating to date at 10p, falling -13% from last Wednesday’s telecast.
(source: release by Fox for 11/4/09 – Note: Time Zone Adjusted Fast Nationals are included for FOX’s WORLD SERIES GAME 6, demo shares not available from Nielsen. WORLD SERIES GAME 6 aired 7:54-11:53p)