**Note: Television usage was down -6% from 8-10pm last night vs. last Thursday.**
Airing the AMERICAN IDOL Top 8 Results show and an original TOUCH, FOX ranked #1 last night among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens.
FOX has now ranked #1 for 12 consecutive Thursdays among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- AMERICAN IDOL: 3.8/12, down -10% from last week’s fast national but should go up one or two tenths in the finals (as it has for the past few weeks)
- IDOL was the most-watched program of the night and outperformed its nearest competitors in the 8pm hour by +12% in Adults 18-49 (3.8 vs. 3.4 for Big Bang Theory/Rules of Engagement) and +27% in Total Viewers (13.8 vs. 10.9 Mil for Big Bang Theory/Rules of Engagement.)
- IDOL grew +27% in Adults 18-49 and +25% in Total Viewers in its second half hour versus its first.
Last night’s AMERICAN IDOL results show outperformed The Voice’s on Tuesday results show by +19% in Adults 18-49 (3.8 vs. 3.2) and +62% in Total Viewers (13.8 vs. 8.5 Mil.).
- TOUCH: 2.3/7, down -15% from last week, but is still up +17% from FOX’s prior season average in the timeslot with originals (2.8 vs. 2.4).
- TOUCH is also up from FOX’s prior season average in the time slot by +21% in Total Viewers (9.4 vs. 7.8 Mil.)
On ABC, Missing (1.4/5) dropped -7% to its lowest rating yet and was followed by Grey’s Anatomy, which delivered it series low (2.8/8, down -7% from three weeks ago). At 10pm the debut of Scandal posted a 2.1/6, the same as the recent mid-season debut Missing (2.1/6 on 3/15/12)
CBS’ Big Bang Theory posted its season low (4.2/14), down -11% from last week. At 8:30pm Rules of Engagement (2.7/8) was flat with last week and tied its season low. Person of Interest (2.9/8) dropped -12% from last week and The Mentalist (2.4/7) declined -11% and tied its series low with regular telecasts.
On NBC, Community (1.3/5) was down -24% from last week and hit its series low, as did 30 Rock (1.2/4, down -20% from last week). The Office at 9pm was a repeat (1.0/3) and Up All Night followed with a series low 1.1/3, down -15% from last week. At 10pm Awake (0.9/3) was down -10% from last week and posted its lowest rating to date.