Each of ViacomCBS’ global content leaders have been elevated as part of a structure shift that places each of these executives in charge of their respective genres within Paramount+.
The big announcement: Tanya Giles has been selected to serve as a centralized programming head to chart content strategy for Paramount+ and Pluto TV globally.
Giles, who currently serves as General Manager of MTV Entertainment Group, will become Chief Programming Officer for Streaming. It’s a newly created role, in which Giles will oversee and execute “a holistic programming strategy” for the global content offering across both Paramount+ and Pluto TV, maximizing mix, prioritization, timing and impact of ViacomCBS resources, franchises and brands “to drive sustained audience acquisition and engagement.”
She will report to Tom Ryan, President and CEO of ViacomCBS Streaming. “Tanya is a stellar media executive who brings a deep familiarity with our brands and audiences, as well as an unmatched talent for harnessing data to make high-impact programming decisions,” Ryan said. “Our content leaders know their genres better than anyone and have been integral to building a strong slate for Paramount+ and growing its audience. Our new structure will enable us to tap into their collective expertise even more effectively, further cementing Paramount+ as a true super service that delivers the content audiences love, all in one place.”
The “global content leaders” mentioned at the top of this report?
Here’s what is about to transpire:
- George Cheeks, President and Chief Executive Officer at CBS, will also serve as Chief Content Officer of News & Sports at Paramount+.
- Jim Gianopulos, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Paramount Pictures, will also serve as Chief Content Officer of Movies at Paramount+.
- Bruce Gillmer, President of Music, Music Talent, Programming & Events, will also serve as Chief Content Officer of Music at Paramount+.
- Chris McCarthy, President of the MTV Entertainment Group, will also serve as Chief Content Officer, Unscripted Entertainment and Adult Animation for Paramount+.
- David Nevins, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Showtime Networks, will also serve as Chief Content Officer of Scripted Originals at Paramount+.
- Nicole Clemens will broaden her responsibilities as President of Paramount Television Studios (PTVS) to include the role of President for Paramount+ Original Scripted Series. She now will lead original scripted content for Paramount+, reporting to Nevins.
- Brian Robbins, President of Kids & Family Entertainment, will also serve as Chief Content Officer of Kids & Family at Paramount+.
As part of the realignment, Kelly Day, President of Streaming and Chief Operating Officer, ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), will work closely with Giles and ViacomCBS’ content leaders “to ensure the company is executing against its global streaming strategy.” Day will continue to report to Tom Ryan and Raffaele Annecchino, President and CEO of VCNI.
Scott Mills will continue to oversee BET+ in his capacity as President, BET, reporting to Nevins.