U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “The State of the Television and Video Marketplace,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 5, 2019. The hearing will examine how television programming and the delivery of video content have evolved over the past decade. Witnesses will discuss how new entrants in the video marketplace and the development of digital programming and streaming services have impacted consumer viewing habits and preferences. The hearing will also examine existing laws governing the video marketplace and their role in fostering access to content and promoting competition, localism, and diversity of viewpoints.
Here are the details…
• The Honorable Michael Powell, President, NCTA – The Internet and Television Association
• The Honorable Gordon Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Broadcasters
• Mr. Craig Aaron, President and Chief Executive Officer, Free Press
• Mr. David Kenny, Chief Executive Officer, Nielsen
* Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
The hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building G50. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.