Goings-on in the media business include a new podcast team consisting of Dennis Miller and Adam Carolla; a new Hart-Scott-Rodino threshold; Rentrak conference and client news; and an unchanged rating for a magazine company.
* Dennis Miller and Adam Carolla are now a podcast team. Their new offering, “PO’d with Dennis Miller and Adam Carolla,” will be one hour, once a week and is part of the PodcastOne stable of programs.
* HSR inflation: The FTC has raised the floor of the size-of-transaction threshold triggering a higher level of merger review under Hart-Scott-Rodino. Based on growth in GDP, is has risen from $75.9M to $76.3M.
* Media research firm Rentrak Corporation is preparing to meet with stockholders and analysts to discuss its latest financial results. The event will be held Thursday 2/5/15 at 5PM eastern.
* Rentrak has scored a new client. The Automotive Advertising Agency says Rentrak’s data will help it continue to “push the boundaries of digital and traditional marketing.”
* Moody’s says there will be no impact to the credit rating of magazine house American Media Inc. in regard to its plan to sell Shape and other titles to Meredith. Unfortunately, that leaves its outlook sitting at negative.