December 1-2, 2009 is rapidly approaching – that’s when the Federal Trade Commission is going to convene its two-day exploration of a viable future for the journalism trade. The agency has now released its eclectic list of participants, headed by iconic News Corp. honcho Rupert Murdoch, who will be joined by Huffington Post’s Arianna Huffington and White House Chief Technology Office Aneesh Chopra.
Other panelists will be coming from the following organizations:
* E.W. Scripps Co.
* The Wall Street Journal
* The Washington Post
* The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
* National Newspaper Association
* National Association of Black Journalists
* Hearst Television
* National Public Radio
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting
* Associated Press
* Knight Foundation
* University of Chicago
* Association of National Advertisers
* Center for Digital Democracy
* Media Access Project.