WASHINGTON, D.C. — A D.C.-based strategic communications and PR firm is teaming with a property developer and “workplace experience” innovator in bringing “all-new digital, television, radio, and podcast production services to the heart of Washington.”
Between the explosion of video content and the surging popularity of podcasts, the demand from producers, innovative media companies, and individuals for creative content is on the rise. Big Whig Media aims to be an on-the-ground, full-service broadcast production and editing studio in the courtyard of the Willard InterContinental Hotel, an offering from Carr Companies and Nahigian Strategies.
The hotel is owned by Carr Companies.
“The changes we’ve seen in the media landscape in terms of content creation and streaming are unprecedented, which is driving up a demand that isn’t being met in the D.C. area,” said Keith Nahigian, president and founder of Nahigian Strategies. “Big Whig Media will be the one-stop-shop for organizations wanting to create content.”
Big Whig Media will specialize in every facet of modern digital communication, from television and radio, to live podcasts and on-demand web content. The facilities will include:
- Multi-camera high-definition broadcast studio for recording content such as television programming, live events, interviews, and press conferences, among others
- Professional in-person media training
- Satellite uplink studios for interviews, etc. in every media market domestically and internationally
- Advanced content editing suites for post-production, animation, graphic design, and more
- Podcast production suites and live-streaming capability
- Rooftop feed capability with exclusive views of the Capitol Building and Washington Monument
- Partnership access to hotel rooms and shared office space and meeting rooms through Willard InterContinental and Carr Workplaces
The site is expected to open this autumn; studio reservations and editing bays are already being reserved for projects.