PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA — Global codec manufacturer Tieline has released new firmware v3.02.06 — supporting a range of new features in Gateway and Gateway 4 codecs.
Major features in this release include:
- Support for NMOS IS-04 and IS-05 (Networked Media Open Specifications).
- Support for up to 8 channels of digital phase-locked multichannel audio, including 6 channel (5.1 or 6.0) or 8 channel (7.1 or 8.0) surround sound streams in Gateway, or 4 channel phase-locked streams in Gateway and Gateway 4.
- Dynamic range Compressor and EQ on all inputs.
- SmartStream PLUS redundant streaming support for multi-unicast streams.
- Support for Euro ISDN connections.
“This is a significant release which supports features like NMOS, and up to 8 channels of phase-locked multi-channel IP audio, which will excite broadcast engineers,” said Charlie Gawley, VP of Sales for the APAC/EMEA regions. “Processing features like input compression and EQ, that can be adjusted from anywhere online using the Toolbox web-GUI interface, also take remote control to another level.”
Support for NMOS IS-04 and IS-05 in the Gateway platform ensures that components of a networked media system can find each other and delivers connection management and audio channel mapping to device I/O channels. Combined with support for 16 AES67/ST 2110-30 AoIP streams, NMOS brings networked equipment capabilities.
Support of phase-locked AoIP streaming allows broadcasters to stream live events like concerts and major sports in stereo and surround sound simultaneously, or distribute live phase-locked audio between studios or network affiliates. A 16 channel Gateway codec supports sending 2 x 6 + 2 channels of phase-locked streams, or 2 x 8 channels of phase-locked streams, or 4 x 4 channels of phase-locked streams.
The new release is a free upgrade for existing customers.
- For USA, Canada & Latin America contact: [email protected]