News from around the radio dial: Beasley is set to reveal Q4 results; iHeart and Univision raised big bucks for a children’s hospital; Alliance is taking Piolin into syndication; Sun has a Country countdown launch; and The Beast gets Los Angeles soccer rights.
* Beasley Broadcast Group, fresh off its late 2014 station swap with CBS, should have a lot to talk about at its Friday 3/6/15 session with investors and analysts. We’ll tune in the session so you don’t have to.
* iHeart Media participated in the St. Jude Children’se Research Hospital fundraiser – using its 34-city Country Cares radio event, it pulled in an impressive $3.7M in pledges. Participants will make monthly $20 contributions to the Hospital.
* Univision helped raised $3.5M for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital via radio event Promesa y Espranza, which reached millions of Hispanics in early February and which encouraged listeners to pledge ongoing $20/month donations.
* Eddie Sotelo – better known as Piolin – is doing a morning show syndicated by Alliance Radio Networks, with a 40 radio station launch including 14 Entravision outlets. In addition to providing entertainment, the show is informative and family friendly.
* “The Hit List with Fitz” is coming from Sun Broadcast Group to 75 Country stations on weekends. The aim of the program is to inject fun into the Top 25 countdown format by staying away from scripted predictability.
* KFWB, or as it is better known in Los Angeles, The Beast 980, has secured broadcast at least 20 games of major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy, and will stream all of them. The station is operated by Diane Sutter, Trustee for KFWB Asset Trust.