Items of concern to the radio business: Three more companies have announced the date and time of their next results conference call, including the two biggest ones. iHeart, Cumulus and Radio One make up the trio. And the FCC has 131 CPs to auction off to 88 bidders, plus a singleton open only to tribal applicants.
* Thursday 7/30/15 is shaping up as a huge day in the world of broadcast revenue results conference calls. iHeartMedia and its subsidiaries will kick things off that day at the West Coast unfriendly our of 8:30 AM eastern/5:30 AM Pacific.
* Radio giant #2 has entered the financial conference call calendar, making itself available to shareholders and analysts Thursday 7/30/15 at 4:30 PM. This is precisely eight hours after #1 iHeart.
* Radio One has set the time and date for its quarterly conference call, announcing plans to meet with shareholders and analysts on Thursday 8/6/15 at 12 Noon Eastern.
* The upcoming FM derby that is Auction 98 will commence Thursday 7/23/15 with 88 qualifyed applicants vying for 131construction permits. The preceding mock auction will start on 7/20/15.
* The FCC has opened a window for qualified individuals to apply for a Tribal Allotment located in Round Rock AZ. The station will be a Class C2 on 99.5 MHz, located in Navaho territory in the northeast corner of the state. The window closes 8/10/15.