Items from up and down the radio dial: Spanish Broadcasting System is about to announce Q4 earnings; LFRA picks up more support; Saga offers a dividend; Radio One raises money for St. Jude and SBS’s AIRE net kicks off a concert series.
* Spanish Broadcasting System is set to announce Q4 2014 earnings results. Stats will be released after markets close 3/31/15 and a conference call will be held the next day, 4/1/15 at 11AM eastern.
* Five more are on board for the Local Radio Freedom Act, including Senators Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and Pat Roberts (R-KS) and Representatives Charles Boustany (LA-3). Doug Lamborn (CO-5) and Scott Tipton (CO-3). Pedro Pierluisi, Puerto Rico’s Rep, also signed on as a co-sponsor.
* Saga Communications has announced its latest dividend. It will be 20 cents, going for each share of Class A and B stock, payable 4/17/15 to shareholders of record as of 4/6/15.
* Radio One is the latest to report excellent earnings on behalf of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Radio One’s audience committed to providing more than $1.4M to the cause.
* AIRE Radio Networks, an SBS asset, is launching La Musica En Privado, a special series of four concerts featuring top Latino artists. The first concert originated in Miami 3/26/15.