Red Rock expands central Minnesota cluster


SoldKLKS-FM Pequot Lakes MN is in the Brainerd MN area, and a deal will put it into a local group with two FMs and an AM belonging to Red Rock Radio Corporation. Red Rock is largely owned by Myron Kunin’s Curtis Squire Inc.

The Curtis Squire group will own 85% of KLKS, and Myron Kunin is the majority shareholder of Curtis Squire. Ro Grignon owns the remaining 15%.

The seller is Minnesota Christian Broadcasters Inc., headed by Charles Albrecht.
The price will be $250K cash.

KLKS-FM is a Class A on 100.1 MHz with 5.2 kW @ 351.

It will be joining these stations:
* KFGI-FM Crosby MN, a Class C3 on 101.5 kW with 25 kW @ 328’.
* WWWI-AM Baxter MN, a Class B on 1270 kHz with 5 kW-U, DAN
* WWFI-FM Pillager MN, a Class A on 95.9 MHz with 6 kW @ 240’.

Brainerd is almost in the bullseye of Minnesota, were it to be turned into a dartboard. It is almost equally distant from Minneapolis-St. Paul to its south, Duluth-Superior to its east and Fargo-Moorhead to its northwest.

A small convention of brokers was in on the deal. Alan Quarnstrom was listed as representing the buyer, while Dale Davis of Preeminent Media and Steve Moravec were on hand on behalf of the seller.