NASHVILLE — Come August 13, three days of learning and insight pertaining to the success — and numerical increase — of female radio managers within broadcast radio will begin as the 12th annual “Rising Through The Ranks” Seminar begins at the Music Row offices of BMI.
The seminar, scheduled for August 13-15, is produced by Broadcast Music, Inc., the RAB and the Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio (MIW) Group.
As in years past, BMI will offer 20 scholarships for this year’s program. These scholarships cover the cost of the professional development course which is designed to foster and educate current and emerging female radio managers within broadcast radio.
Sessions at this year’s seminar will include, among others:
- Modern Female Manager – Juggling it all
- Managing Up and Down
- Advancement & Getting that Promotion
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Firing
- Culture… Healthy vs. Toxic?
- Building Your Personal Brand
Scholarship winners will also hear from leading radio industry executives across various station groups and industry backgrounds.
Featured speakers include:
- Hartley Adkins, President/Integrated Revenue Strategy, iHeartMedia
- Joe D’Angelo, SVP/Broadcast Radio, Xperi Inc. DTS/HD Radio
- Kim Guthrie, president, Cox Media Group
- Bill Hendrich, EVP, Cox Media Group
- Amy Hughes, Director of Sales, Entercom/Memphis
- Susan Larkin, RVP, Entercom
- Val Maki, President/COO, Brandovation
- Jennifer Morelli, SVP/Live Events & Experiences, Entercom
- Ginny Morris, Chairperson and CEO, Hubbard Radio
- Beth Neuhoff, CEO, Neuhoff Media
- Erika Sylvia, controller, Emmis Communications
“Fostering the development and advancement of emerging female leaders is crucial to the future of the radio industry,” said MIW Radio Group spokeswoman Denyse Mesnik. “Rising Through the Ranks is a hallmark event for MIW Radio Group, with a proven track record of nurturing and building relationships amongst up and coming female leaders.”
BMI VP/Industry Relations Dan Spears added, “This is a who’s-who list of the most respected radio executives, the invaluable training provided by these leaders to up-and-coming female executives will provide a bright future for those in attendance.”
Scholarship applications and registration are available at www.rab.com and will be accepted starting Tuesday, April 30, through 6pm Eastern on June 5. Scholarship recipients will be notified of their selection by June 25. Learn more at http://www.rab.com/public/academy/rttr-info.cfm.