In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
* An encore telecast of “Saturday Night Live” (3.9/10 in metered-market households) with host Emma Stone and musical guest Coldplay, scored the show’s highest rating for an encore in nearly nine months, since the April 30, 2011 telecast hosted by Dana Carvey with musical guest Linkin Park (3.9/10). The last time an “SNL” rebroadcast topped last night’s 3.9 was one year ago, on January 22, 2011, with host Robert De Niro and musical guest Diddy Dirty Money (4.0/10). This week’s “SNL” dominated its time period and tied for the highest rating of the night in metered-market households with CBS’s “48 Hours” (3.9/7) and ahead of all other Saturday primetime telecasts on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Saturday Night Live” averaged a 2.0 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49, matching the show’s highest LPM rating for an encore in nearly 11 months, since the February 26, 2011 telecast hosted by Anne Hathaway with musical guest Florence + The Machine (2.3/10). In the Local People Meters, “SNL” ranked #1 among the night’s telecasts ahead of all Saturday primetime programs on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.
Saturday Primetime Results:
* From 8-9:30 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of “Betty White’s 90th Birthday: A Tribute to America’s Golden Girl” (1.0/3 in adults 18-49, 5.2 million viewers overall) earned NBC’s second highest 18-49 rating in the slot this season, excluding sports, and hit an NBC season high for the time period in total viewers, excluding sports. “Betty White’s 90th Birthday” is tied for #2 in the slot among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 and is #1 in the time period in total viewers. From its first half-hour to its third, the encore of “Betty White’s 90th Birthday” grew by 22 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.1 from a 0.9) and by 26 percent or 1.1 million persons in total viewers (5.4 million vs. 4.3 million).
* From 9:30-10 p.m. ET, a rebroadcast of “Betty White’s Off Their Rockers” (1.2/6 in 18-49, 4.8 million viewers overall) is tied for #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in the time period in adults 18-49 and is #1 outright in total viewers and adult, men and women 25-54.
* “Betty White’s Off Their Rockers” captured NBC’s second highest 18-49 rating in the time period this season, excluding sports, and the network’s biggest overall audience in the slot, excluding sports, since September 24.
* At 10 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” (0.9/3 in 18-49, 3.5 million viewers overall) is up versus its results for the prior Saturday by 29 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 0.9 from a 0.7). “SVU” is #2 among ABC, CBS and NBC in the time slot in adults 18-49, total viewers and most other key categories.
* NBC tied for #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 (with a 1.0 rating, tied with ABC) and is #1 outright in adults 25-54, women 25-54 and women 18-49.
NOTE: All ratings are “live plus same day” from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.