* Gray Television will meet with investors and analysts to discuss its latest earning results. The teleconference is scheduled for Wednesday 11/5/14 at 10:00AM.
* Cable programming AMC Networks will meet with interested parties 10/6/14 at 11:00 AM eastern to discuss its Q3 results.
* Trinity Broadcasting is going to prison in Oregon – it’s offering its inspirational programming to all 14 state prisons there, as it does in 750 prisons in more than 30 states. TBN says it has the potential to reach almost a million people behind bars.
* Comcast and NBCUniversal are partnering with the American Indian College Fund with the goal of getting more Native Americans into institutes of higher education – with a donation of $5M worth of advertising and another $500K as a gift of in-kind services and cash.
* Japanese programming is now available in Austin, Dallas and Greenville, courtesy of Time Warner Cable. It carries a subscription fee bit is kicking off with a free two-week trial and being promoted with contests and a rebate offer.
* Ultrahigh definition TV, or UDF, is expected to be in use in more than 46M households within four years, according to Parks Associates. It will be adopted by younger viewers attracted to its enhanced features and “slightly” lower rates than traditional MVPDs.