- In viewers and young adults, ABC scored its strongest Monday in nearly 4 months – since 11/21/11 and 11/14/11, respectively.
Earning season-highs, ABC’s The Bachelor 16th-season finale finished a strong second in its time period to NBC’s 2-hour The Voice with viewers and young adults.
- Building young adult audience throughout its broadcast against The Voice, The Bachelor’s numbers jumped by 1.1 million viewers and by 27% Adults 18-49 from its first half-hour to its final half-hour, as Ben Flajnik proposed to Courtney Robertson.
- The Bachelor finale produced ABC’s top Adult 18-49 number in the slot since mid-November and marked its best Adult 18-34 number since season-premiere Monday – since 11/14/11 and 9/19/11, respectively.
- Surging week to week by double digits in viewers (+11%) and young adults (+16%), The Bachelor marked a season-best performance across the board.
Growing over its lead-in (+8%/+14%), ABC’s The Bachelor: After the Final Rose towered over the 10 o’clock hour, dominating NBC’s Voice-driven Smash by 38% in Total Viewers and by 38% in Adults 18-49.
- Among young adults (AD18-34/AD18-49), the special generated the Net’s highest numbers in time period in 1 year – since 3/14/11.