MIAMI — For viewers of NBCUniversal-owned Telemundo‘s breakfast show, Un Nuevo Día, the show’s slogan — Más Cerca de Ti (Closer to You) — is something they’ve seen and heard on a regular basis.
Now, NBCU is taking that brand promise to a whole new level by introducing a 360-degree interactive multiplatform studio, which made its on-air debut Monday (3/2).
the U.S. Spanish-language morning program says the introduction of the state-of-the-air studio is being done to expand its connection with viewers.
The studio is being named “La Vuelta” (The Turn Around), and it integrates TV with the digital world, connecting viewers with the show hosts, celebrities and special guests with personalized content available in real-time throughout the three-and-a-half-hour live show and throughout the day on Telemundo’s social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@UnNuevoDia, #LaVuelta and #LaVueltaUND), as well as Telemundo.com/UnNuevoDia.
Telemundo SVP of Daytime Programming Alina Falcon commented, “As a response to the increased demand, we are launching La Vuelta for our fans, expanding our footprint in the digital space even further by creating more original content vital for our multigenerational audience on all platforms.”
Already, Un Nuevo Día personalities Francisco Cáceres, Erika Csiszer and Frederik Oldenburg are taking viewers through La Vuelta’s five interactive stations, offering an experience for show guests before, during and after they go live on the show.
They are doing so with the following components:
- Wishing Wall: a “guestbook wall” where guests sign their autograph and complete the phrase “Hoy es Un Nuevo Día Para…” (Today is a New Day For…) as they enter the room.
- Viral Stage: a stage where guests will roll a giant die that will determine which special challenge or game they will have to play.
- Social Media Work Station: a cozy lounge for interviews with celebrities and special guests, as well as videos for Facebook Live.
- Photo Op: a photobooth to capture dynamic and exciting moments to share on social media.
- Trending Wall: a vertical monitor featuring the latest social media trends and daily hot topics.
Un Nuevo Día is hosted by Rashel Díaz, Adamari López, Hector Sandarti and Stephanie “Chiquibaby” Himonidis and airs weekdays from 7am-10:30am. It is loosely modeled after NBC’s successful TODAY franchise.