Among the TV tales we’ve found out there, we note that Tribune is extending its Cubs relationship to 60 years; Nielsen and Turner have MRC blessings for a measurement platform; ATBA is handing out LPTV awards, Rentrak inks Citadel in Providence; and Luken’s Retro TV enters Jacksonville on a station owned by A1A TV.
* Tribune’s WGN-TV is hanging onto its relationship with baseball’s Chicago Cubs. It will get 45 games annually for five years beginning with this one, keeping a 60-year relationship alive.
* Nielsen and Turner have collaborated on a system that will measure CNN viewership that is done out-of-home with a tailor-made product called “CNN All Screen.” The MRC says the product is in line with its fusion/integration standards.
* ATBA is hosting an LPTV awards show at NAB 2015, with prized for best station, talk show, special, commercial, PSA, mixed media campaign, creative programming and promo campaign.
* Rentrak is now providing stats for Citadel Communications television station WLNE-TV, which brings ABC network fare into the Providence RI DMA.
* WQXT-TV in St. Augustine FL is the latest station to take an affiliation with Luken Communications network Retro TV. The A1A TV station serves the Jacksonville DMA.S