NBC Universal’s Jeff Zucker will break his perfect attendance record regarding Capitol Hill hearings on the proposed Comcast/NBCU merger, but the streaks of Comcast’s Brian Roberts and CFA’s Mark Cooper will remain intact. And this time, the FCC and DOJ have been invited to the party.
The hearing will be held under the auspices of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, chaired by Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), and with Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) still officially aboard as Ranking Member.
Panel One of the hearing entitled “Consumers, Competition and Consolidatopm om the Video and Broadband Market” will be the regulators:
* Julius Genachowski, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
* Christine Varney, Assistant Attorney General for Antitrust, U.S. Department of Justice
Here’s the lineup for Panel 2:
* Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and CEO, Comcast Corporation
* John Wells, President, Writers Guild of America, West
* Mark Cooper, Director of Research, Consumer Federation of America
* Colleen Abdoulah, President and CEO, WOW! Internet, Cable, and Phone
* Christopher S. Yoo, Professor of Law and Communication, University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, PA
The hearing is on the calendar for Thursday 3/10/10 at 10AM.
Abdoulah will be making her third appearance. It’ll be the first showing for Genachowski, Varney, Wells and Yoo.